** PLEATS PLEASE ISSEY MIYAKE **
- These items of the Monthly Color Series have colors inspired by minerals and a voluminous silhouette.
- The prints on the items of this series express the sparkle given out from the various colors of the cut edges of minerals.
** HaaT **
- This tunic applies a jacquard lace pattern onto the cotton checkered fabric.
- The impressive pattern of this top [these tops] is realized by discharging after the fabric is dyed in gradation.
- These leggings express the rounded pattern with a jacquard technique.
** me ISSEY MIYAKE **
- These zigzag hand pleats add a warm impression to this gorgeous tunic.
- This see-through shirt has a big, unique silhouette.
** BAO BAO ISSEY MIYAKE **
- This tote bag and pouch foresee the advent of spring.
The new brand HOMME PLISSÉ ISSEY MIYAKE was launched. There are also new items by other brands. We look forward to seeing you there.
The 2013 Christmas season started on November 14 (Thu), under the theme of "planets," with a campaign titled LOOK UP AT THE PLANETS AND MAKE A WISH. Attractive clothes and accessories from six brands will be introduced on the special website for Christmas. We are also offering a present for customers who spend 10,000 yen or more (tax included).
(Please note that there is a limited supply of presents.)
LOOK UP AT THE PLANETS AND MAKE A WISH
Look up at the night sky and see an infinite world of gleaming planets expand around you.
ISSEY MIYAKE Christmas theme for 2013 is, LOOK UP AT THE PLANETS AND MAKE A WISH.
The large expanse of space hidden within the textiles.
Macro worlds existing in micro.
Through 'The cosmos of textiles',
the far reaches of space can be experienced closely.
What kind of planets will you discover there?
[Special website for Christmas]
ISSEY MIYAKE MEN
PLEATS PLEASE ISSEY MIYAKE
me ISSEY MIYAKE
BAO BAO ISSEY MIYAKE
*** Christmas Event: THE RHYTHMIC PLANETS ***
Events to express thanks for this year will be held on the same day in Ginza (Tokyo), Semba (Osaka), and Kobe (Hyogo). Please enjoy the performance to further raise the excitement of Christmas!
Please confirm the following information before applying to participate in the event.
Participation: Free of charge
Bookings: Please send the following information via e-mail to the address designated for each venue by December 3 (Tue).
4. Whether a person will accompany you (only one person may accompany each potential participant)
5. Name of the person accompanying you
* In case there are more reservations than we can accommodate, bookings will be selected by lottery.
* The results of the lottery will be sent via e-mail on December 5 (Thu).
* Please adjust the spam filter on your e-mail account so that you can receive messages sent from our domain.
Schedule: December 14 (Sat), with doors opening at 19:00 and the event starting at 19:30 and again at 20:30 (the performance will be held twice). The venue closes at 21:00.
Venue: ELTTOB TEP ISSEY MIYAKE/GINZA (4-4-5 2F, Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo Tel: 03-3566-5225)
Application e-mails to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Due to the preparation for the event, only the 1st floor of the store will be open on the day of the event.
Performer: Minoru Fujimoto
We will provide a must-see performance, "Lighting Choreographer," which is a fusion of elaborately-programmed sound and light with dancing.
Minoru Fujimoto has been the CEO of Mplusplus Co. Ltd. since August 2013. He received a doctoral degree in engineering at Kobe University, and worked as an assistant at the Media Faculty of the Tokyo University of Technology from April 2012 to July 2013. He is also a dancer, and developed a system to open up the possibilities for new expressions in live performance. He has received many awards for both his dance performances and his system, and is currently offering the system for TV commercials and music videos, as well as producing stages for LED dance performances.
Schedule: December 14 (Sat), with doors opening at 19:00 and the event starting at 19:30. The venue closes at 21:00.
Venue: ELTTOB TEP ISSEY MIYAKE/SEMBA (4-11-28 Minami-Semba, Chuo-ku, Osaka City, Osaka Prefecture Tel: 06-6251-8887)
Application e-mails to be sent to: email@example.com
* Due to the preparation for the event, the 1st floor of ELTTOB TEP ISSEY MIYAKE will close at 17:30 on the day of the event. ISSEY MIYAKE, ISSEY MIYAKE MEN on the B1 floor will be open as usual.
(Yuta Uozumi (Pf), Tadashi Yonago (Tb), Isao Nakagaito (Gt), Shuhei Otani (Ba), Wataru Asada (Dr) and Ryu Kanda (Visual))
An interactive-style live performance, with interaction between music and images creating good vibes, will be held.
This is a project for an impromptu performance created on the spot through interaction between performers and images. The performers play music in response to the light expressed in the images in real time, and the music will then generate more images. The uninterrupted sequence of this process will incorporate sound, light, and graphics in an integrated manner, and presents a unique experience to the audience. The SjQ++ group is acting between the fields of modern art, club music, and electronic music. In 2013, the group won the Award of Distinction (Digital Music and Sound Art) in Prix Ars Electronica, international awards for media and art.
Schedule: December 14 (Sat), with the event starting at 14:30 and again at 15:30 (the performance will be held twice).
Venue: ISSEY MIYAKE/KOBE (NTT-West Shin Kobe Building, 1 Maemachi, Chuo-ku, Kobe City, Hyogo Prefecture Tel: 078-392-2223)
Application e-mails to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Performer: TAPPERS RIOT (Yuki Adachi, Nobuyuki Kato, Go Imai, Aki Okuhara, Miho Mizuno, Masaya Inomata)
This unique group's tap dancing will be a superb performance reaching the level of art.
TAPPERS RIOT is a tap dance group led by Kazunori Kumagai. The members are active in their own fields and consider tap dance as an art, creating music and stage performances with KAZ TAP STUDIO as their base. Recently, the members of the group have become willing to perform without Kumagai. The performances by these group members with unique personalities are loved by people of all ages and traverse the borders between genres.
The new brand, HOMME PLISSÉ ISSEY MIYAKE by Issey Miyake and Reality Lab. will appear in stores beginning on November 14, 2013 (Thu). The pieces in this brand focus on lightness, ease of movement, casual comfortableness, ease of maintenance and portability. It is a brand that brings innovation into the everyday life of the modern man.
We are offering an original present to customers free with purchase. Please visit the store early, as quantities are limited.
New items will show up from November 1 (Fri).
** PLEATS PLEASE ISSEY MIYAKE **
- These are dresses which look as if you are wearing accessories.
- These bags can be used in two different ways, namely as a drawstring purse, and also as a handbag if you fold the opening part.
- The design made by applying pleats after folding the fabric linearly is very unique.
** HaaT **
- This coat has an expressive appearance with a diamond-shaped pattern cut into wool fabric.
- This coat uses wool with which lamé yarn is woven in.
** me ISSEY MIYAKE **
- A foil print has been added to the "Parachute" items to make this gorgeous dress and bolero.
- These pleated purses have a unique pattern of musical notes that looks like a person's face.