Hosting LINE me ISSEY MIYAKE by me ISSEY MIYAKE and mt
Matching the expansion of the clothing worldview from the theme of the SPRING SUMMER 2014 Collection LINE, art director Koji Iyama has expressed the store interior dynamically by making use of original mt masking tape.
An original set capturers the characteristic stretch pleats of me ISSEY MIYAKE on a tape. Moreover, customers who make purchases worth ¥2,000 (not including consumption tax) during the period of "LINE me ISSEY MIYAKE" will receive a free gift (while stocks last).
[-LINE- me ISSEY MIYAKE, SPRING SUMMER 2014] Straight lines, curved lines, lines connecting people with each other. Adding humor and movement to "lines" of various shapes, this is a collection filled with a playful spirit that brings together animated graphics and the joy of wearing.
[mt] mt masking tape is made at a specialized factory that has been continuously making industrial-use masking tape throughout its 90-year-history. Produced using traditional washi (Japanese paper), this masking tape boasts characteristics such as excellent strength and adhesion, and it can also be removed cleanly and easily. These things, together with its wealth of colors and patterns, have won it worldwide recognition.
[Koji Iyama] Art Director/Graphic Designer Graduated from Tama Art University with a degree in graphic design. Established Iyama Design after working for Nippon Design Center. He is currently working on design in a wide range of areas including branding, CI, spaces, books, products, packaging, etc. He has been honored with numerous Japanese and overseas awards including the Japan Graphic Designers Association New Designer Award 2005, the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity 2013 Gold Lion, the SPIKES ASIA 2012 Grand Prix, New York ADC Gold, Sliver and Distinctive Merit Awards, British D&AD Silver and Bronze Awards, One Show Design Silver and Bronze Awards, the 45th SDA Award First Prize, etc.
New items have appeared at ELTTOB TEP GINZA together with a window installation by the art collective Atelier OMOYA.
As well as representing the face of the store, the show windows mark the borderline between the interior and exterior. PATAPATA GINZA is an artistic work installed in these show windows. The windows are all closed together at the same time by wings so that they appear as a single wall and the scenery that was previously visible through them disappears. After that, the wings move again and visitors to the store can gently take in the outside light and the signs of people passing by.
In addition, the store has a broad lineup of new products waiting for your inspection.
SPRING SUMMER 2014 will start from January 7 (Tue).
Please be aware that the stores will be closed on the following dates. Thank you for your understanding.
From December 30 (Mon) to January 3 (Fri), January 6 (Mon)
** PLEATS PLEASE ISSEY MIYAKE **
* TRANSLUCENCY *
The items of this collection are inspired by the transparency that can be found in minerals, the glitter of glass, or smoke fading into the air. The essence of PLEATS PLEASE is added to the relaxing colors and light form, generating a bouncy and vibrant feeling.
- With the items of this new series, made of fabric with horizontal pleats sewn together with broadcloth, you can enjoy the bouncy movement of textile.
- The items of this series express straight light with a colorful stripe pattern.
- This cardigan takes advantage of the soft rib-pleats material.
- The original folding technique is applied to this three-dimensional silhouette.
This scarf expresses straight light with multiple colors.
** HaaT **
* EGG *
The egg is the symbol of life and resurrection. This collection is made by enriching the colors and patterns inspired by the white, beige, pale rose, transparent blue, and dapples of eggs laid by many different birds throughout the world. The organic form of the egg, where the vital energy and delicacy makes a striking balance, is finished into an original textile by HaaT.
- This top is made of ultrafine cotton yarn, with knitted egg-shaped motifs.
- This scarf is made using a discharge-printing technique with an image of an egg.
- This lightweight stretch reversible bottom has a dappling pattern of a quail egg expressed by an inkjet print.
** me ISSEY MIYAKE **
* LINE *
A straight line, a curved line, and a line that connects people; a sense of humor and movement are added to the "lines" of various kinds of shapes. This collection is brimming with playfulness, with lively graphics and the fun of wearing the items.
- This stretch-pleats T-shirt is accentuated by a circle that emerges with a displaced stripe pattern.
- These print-stretch pants look like real denim.
This lightweight shirt is applied with herring-bone patterned hand pleats after side pleats are applied.
- This beautifully-colored pleats scarf combines stripes and plain color.
- This sporty messenger bag is accentuated with white piping.
** BAO BAO ISSEY MIYAKE **
- Basic color items by the LUCENT PRO Series are now available.
- This ROCK Series is redesigned by focusing on the ease of use as a main bag.
These items of the PRISM Series use embossed material that looks like leather.