ISSEY MIYAKE INC. may ask for personal information (as defined by Article 2-1 of the Personal Information Protection Act; this definition shall apply throughout this policy) as necessary from users of this website (https://www.isseymiyake.com/). This information may be retained, managed and used within ISSEY MIYAKE INC.
ISSEY MIYAKE INC. is aware of the importance of appropriate protection of personal information and considers thorough protection of personal information to be an obligation to society. ISSEY MIYAKE INC. shall handle personal information according to the following policies.
1. Legal Compliance
ISSEY MIYAKE INC. shall comply with all laws, regulations and other national policies related to the protection of personal information.
2. Use of Personal Information
Personal information received by ISSEY MIYAKE INC. shall be used within a previously notified or announced scope.
3. Safety Measures
ISSEY MIYAKE INC. shall ensure that all retained personal information is accurate and up to date, take preventive measures against leaking, loss and damage to personal information, and take corrective measures in the event that such an incident occurs.
4. Provision to Third Parties
ISSEY MIYAKE INC. shall appropriately manage personal information obtained from customers and shall not disclose or provide personal information to a third party without the prior consent of the customer, except in the following cases:
- Cases in which disclosure is requested in accordance with a law or regulation.。
- Cases in which disclosure is necessary for the protection of a person's life, safety or property, and it is difficult to obtain consent from the provider of the information.
- Cases in which disclosure is particularly necessary to improve public health or ensure children's health, and it is difficult to obtain consent from the provider of the information.
- Cases in which our cooperation is required in legally mandated work by a national agency, local authority, or party contracted by such organizations, and seeking consent from the provider of the information may impede this work.
- Cases in which all or part of a task related to the operation of this website is outsourced to a third party while complying with the management and supervision obligations described in the following article, and the information must be disclosed to the contractor within the necessary scope for the contractor to carry out the task in question.
5. Management of Contractors
In cases in which personal information retained by ISSEY MIYAKE INC. needs to be given to a business partner, such as when outsourcing tasks that involve the handling of customers' personal information, ISSEY MIYAKE INC. shall carefully select a sufficiently reliable business partner, conclude a contract requiring the contractor to appropriately manage information as specified by ISSEY MIYAKE INC., and supervise the contractor as necessary.
6. Scope of Application
7. Inquiries on Personal Information
To make an inquiry on our handling of personal information, please contact us using the following information.
ISSEY MIYAKE INC. Customer Service
1-12-10 Tomigaya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-8554, Japan
9. Other Matters
Last updated: September 1, 2017