Article 1: Application
This website is operated by ISSEY MIYAKE INC.
The Terms of Service of ISSEY MIYAKE INC.’s Corporate Website (“the terms”) stipulate basic matters relating to the use of the various services provided by this website (“these services”).
The terms shall apply to all users of this website (referred to collectively as “users”).
Article 2: Definition of Users
For the purpose of these terms, “users” indicates all persons who use this website, regardless of whether they can be personally identified by ISSEY MIYAKE INC.
Article 3: Agreement to Terms of Service
All persons who use this website are deemed to have agreed to these terms.
Article 4: Devices, etc. Required for Use of This Website
The user shall bear responsibility for all terminals, communication equipment, software and other equipment required to use this website.
The following system environment is recommended when using this website.
It may not be possible to use parts of this website outside the recommended environment.
- Mac OS
- ・Latest version of Safari
- ・Latest version of Firefox
- ・Latest version of Chrome
- ・IE 11 or latest version of EDGE
- ・Latest version of Chrome
- ・Latest version of Firefox
- iOS 9.3.5 or later
- Android 5 or later
The following settings should be configured in the browser before using this website.
If you encounter an issue when operating this website, check the following settings in your browser.
- Cookies should be enabled.
- Style sheets should be enabled.
Article 5: Notifications and Changes to the Terms
ISSEY MIYAKE INC. may amend all or part of these terms at our discretion without prior notification to users.
In such cases, ISSEY MIYAKE INC. shall notify users about the amendment on this website, and the amendment shall be effective from the time it is posted on this website.
Article 6: Prohibitions
ISSEY MIYAKE INC. prohibits the following actions (including preparing to carry out such actions or inciting others to do so).
- Slander or defamation of other users, third parties or ISSEY MIYAKE INC. including its affiliated companies (“other users”), other actions that damage the reputation of or social credibility of other users, or any actions that may be of this nature.
- Actions that violate the property rights or privacy of other users, or any actions that may violate these rights.
- Actions that violate the intellectual property rights of other users (including copyrights, design rights, patents, utility model rights, trademarks and rights of likeness), or any actions that may violate these rights.
- Sending or inputting malware or other items of this nature.
- Actions that violate the laws or ordinances of Japan or the country where the user is using this website, actions that violate public order and decency, criminal actions or any actions that may be of this nature.
- Use of these services for profit, or actions taken in preparation to do so.
- Election campaigning, similar actions or other political or religious activities.
- Other actions that impede the operation of these services.
- Other actions deemed inappropriate by ISSEY MIYAKE INC.
Article 7: Obligations when Using Information Provided by This Website
While ISSEY MIYAKE INC. makes the utmost effort to ensure the accuracy of the information provided on this website, ISSEY MIYAKE INC. does not guarantee the completeness, usefulness or accuracy of any information obtained by users through this website.
Furthermore, users make use this website at their own risk and ISSEY MIYAKE INC. accepts no responsibility for the results of a user’s choice to utilize or trust the information, etc. herein.
Article 8: Copyrights and Other Intellectual Property
- The rights to all content posted on this website belong to ISSEY MIYAKE INC., or are used by ISSEY MIYAKE INC. according to their license or other legitimate title. Users are prohibited from carrying out any action in which all or part of the content posted on this website is utilized for purposes other than personal use, publicly redistributed either within or outside the network, or otherwise used or duplicated without permission from ISSEY MIYAKE INC.
- All trademarks and service marks that appear on this website belong to ISSEY MIYAKE INC. or an affiliated company, and are used according to their license or other legitimate title. Users are prohibited from using these without permission.
- Any copyrights (including rights defined in Articles 27 and 28 of the Copyright Act) and other intellectual property for content such as information provided by users shall be transferred from the user to ISSEY MIYAKE INC. for no remuneration, and rights such as moral rights shall not be exercised.
Article 9: Changes, etc. to the Nature of Services
- ISSEY MIYAKE INC. may suspend or terminate all or part of these services without prior notification to users in the event of any of the following circumstances.
- Regularly scheduled or urgent work such as maintenance or inspection of the systems providing these services.
- A malfunction, etc. of the systems providing these services.
- Cases such as a power outage, fire, earthquake or other act of God that makes it difficult to provide these services
- Other operational or technical issues affecting these services.
- ISSEY MIYAKE INC. may change, add to or terminate all or part of these services without prior notification to users.
- ISSEY MIYAKE INC. accepts no responsibility for any damages or loss of profits to users as a results of the measures described in the previous clause, except in cases where these were caused by a deliberate action or serious oversight by ISSEY MIYAKE INC.
Article 10: Third-Party Websites
ISSEY MIYAKE INC. accepts no responsibility for any damage caused to users through their use of a website managed and operated by a third party via a link on this website, and shall have no obligation to provide compensation for the user.
Article 11: Policy for Protection of Personal Information
- In principle, ISSEY MIYAKE INC. shall not require customers accessing and viewing this website to provide identifying information such as an address or name.
- ISSEY MIYAKE INC. shall require customers to provide personal information when using the following services on this website.
While the following services shall be free, the customer shall bear the cost of the communication fees and/or provider fees required to access this website.
- Cases in which the customer wishes to receive newsletters from this website
- Cases in which the customer makes an inquiry via this website
Article 12: Disclaimer and Compensation for Damages
- In the event that a user causes damages to ISSEY MIYAKE INC. through a violation of these terms or through fraudulent actions, ISSEY MIYAKE INC. may request commensurate compensation from the user.
In the event that a user causes damages to a third party through their use of these services, the user shall be responsible for resolving the matter.
- Unless otherwise specified in these terms, ISSEY MIYAKE INC. accepts no responsibility under any circumstances to users or third parties for any problems resulting from use of this system, such as faults or malfunctions in the systems providing these services, invasion of these systems by a third party, or a trade dispute.
Article 13: Website Security
This website uses technology with a high degree of safety for highly secure protection of customers’ personal information.
The cookie function on this website is a function that stores information on the customer’s browsing of this website on the customer’s computer. Information collected using cookies contains no personally identifying information such as email addresses or names.
- Temporary storage of information required for more convenient browsing of this website in areas where this website contains an application covering multiple pages.
- Referencing of saved information registered by the customer when the customer logs into the authentication service, to provide services customized for each customer.
- Analysis performed by ISSEY MIYAKE INC. or an investigation and analysis company contracted by ISSEY MIYAKE INC. about trends in the way customers access this website, to provide better services via this website.
- Displaying the most appropriate ads on other companies’ websites based customer’s interests and customers’ usage of this website.
Please note that ISSEY MIYAKE INC. may allow contracted advertising agencies to store and reference cookies from this website via their own websites.
- Agreement with the previous clause and acceptance of cookies is a condition for proper use of these services by the customer.
The customer may set their browser to block cookies, but shall accept that some content may not function properly or may be unusable as a result.
- Some pages on this website use web beacon technology to obtain statistics related to customers’ usage of these services. Web beacons will not collect customers’ personal information.
Customers can block web beacons from obtaining information by configuring their settings to block cookies.
Article 15: Links to This Website
- Users may link to this website as they wish.
However, users cannot link to this website from websites containing the following.
- Content that violates public order and decency.
- Content that violates laws and ordinances.
- Content that is defamatory to ISSEY MIYAKE INC. including its affiliated companies or persons affiliated with ISSEY MIYAKE INC.
- Other content that can objectively be deemed to be damaging to the corporate value of ISSEY MIYAKE INC.
- In principle, users linking to this website shall link to the home page (https://www.isseymiyake.com).
Users shall accept that the linked page may be changed or removed without warning.
- ISSEY MIYAKE INC. accepts no responsibility for any detriments experienced by the user as a result of the page being moved or deleted for the convenience of ISSEY MIYAKE INC.
Article 16: Governing Law and Jurisdictional Court
This website and the interpretation and application of these terms shall follow Japanese law.
The Tokyo District Court shall have the exclusive jurisdiction of the first instance for all disputes related to this website.
Article 17: Date of Establishment
Established September 1, 2017