The Website is operated by ISSEY MIYAKE INC. (“Company”). Please carefully read the TERMS & CONDITIONS (“Terms”) before consenting hereto.
Article 1: Scope of Application
These Terms apply to the use of the services (“Services”) provided via this Website, which is operated by the Company.
Article 2: Devices etc. Required to Use the Website
Users are responsible for the terminal devices, communication equipment, software, and other equipment etc. that is necessary to use the Website. We recommend that you use the environments indicated below when using the Website. Some aspects of the site may not be usable with other environments.
■ Mac OS
・Safari, most recent version
・Firefox, most recent version
・Chrome, most recent version
・IE 11 or higher, or EDGE, most recent version
・Chrome, most recent version
・Firefox, most recent version
■ iOS 9.3.5 or higher
■ Android 5 or higher
In addition, the Website should be used with the following browser settings. Please check that the following browser settings are enabled on your browser if you feel the Website is not operating properly.
■ Cookies enabled
■ Style sheets enabled
Article 3: Amendment of Terms
1. The terms and conditions specified herein are subject to amendment in whole or in part, by public announcement through publication on the Website or by other equivalent method (“Announcement etc.”), when the particulars of the Services have changed or other equivalent grounds have arisen.
2. When these Terms have been amended under the preceding paragraph, the Terms as amended shall apply to all use of the Services on or after the effective date specified at the time of the Announcement etc. under the preceding paragraph.
Article 4: Newsletter Registration Procedures
1. To receive Company newsletters, you must first consent to these Terms and then complete “Newsletter Registration”.
2. Newsletter registration is limited to customers with addresses in Japan.
3. Following a request for newsletter registration by a customer, the Company will send the customer a “Notice of Registration”, at which time such customer’s registration will be complete.
Article 5: Procedures to Stop Delivery of Newsletters
Customers are entitled to stop delivery of newsletters at any time by completing Company-prescribed procedures.
Article 6: Handling of Personal Information of Customers
Article 7: Intellectual Property Rights
1. All copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights, design rights and other intellectual property rights (including, where registration is required, rights to register such rights; hereinafter, collectively, “Intellectual Property Rights”) related to images, videos, text, designs, logos, programs and all other information provided via the Services (collectively, “Content”) will belong to the Company or its parent company.
2. The Company’s provision of Content on the Services contains no implicit authorization for customers to use such Content for purposes other than use of the Website.
Article 8: Prohibitions
When using the Services, customers shall not engage in conduct falling under or deemed by the Company to fall under any of the following Items.
1. Conduct that violates or is likely to violate laws/regulations, or that is or is likely to be connected with criminal acts;
2. Fraud or intimidation against the Company or other users of the Services;
3. Using the Services for commercial purposes;
4. Conduct that violates or is likely to violate public order and morality;
5. Registering information containing false or potentially misleading content;
6. Unauthorized reproduction of Content, other use of Content obtained through the Services beyond the scope of private use, or other conduct that infringes or is likely to infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of the Company or its parent company (including violations of the Unfair Competition Prevention Act);
7. Unauthorized access to the Website;
8. Conduct that impedes or is likely to impede the operation of the Services or other business activity of the Company;
9. Conduct that damages or is likely to damage the brand image or reputation of the Company; and
10. Other conduct that the Company reasonably determines to be inappropriate.
Article 9: Scope of Warranty
Please be advised that except where otherwise specified herein, the Company cannot guarantee that there will not be defects in Service content or Website systems (including, without limitation, flaws in regard to reliability, accuracy, completeness, efficacy, suitability for specific purposes, security, safety, or the like; errors and bugs; and rights infringements).
Article 10: Suspension/Termination of Services
1. If any of the following cases, the Company shall be entitled to suspend or terminate the provision of the Services in whole or in part, without advance notice to customers.
(1) In the case of emergency inspection or maintenance of systems;
(2) When it has become difficult to operate systems due to natural calamity or war, terrorism, rioting, epidemic, or other societal unrest;
(3) When it has become difficult to operate systems due to failure of, misoperation of, excessive concentration of access to, unauthorized access by third parties to, or computer virus infection or the like of, such systems;
(4) If there has been a request with due grounds from an administrative or judicial body; and
(5) If the Company otherwise reasonably determines suspension or termination of systems to be unavoidably necessary.
2. The Company does not guarantee that the Website will be available at all times, including in the cases of the preceding paragraph.
Article 11: Governing Law, Jurisdiction, and Language
1. These Terms shall be governed by the laws of Japan.
2. The Tokyo District Court shall be the exclusive agreed court of first instance for all disputes in consequence hereof or in connection herewith.
3. The Japanese version of these Terms shall be the official version hereof, and in the event of a textual discrepancy between the Japanese version and a translation into another language, the Japanese version shall prevail.
Enacted: December 26th, 2017
Revised: October 1st, 2020